Saturday 21 November 2009

Success (for today)


Good day on Saturday - I signed nearly 70 copies of CUT SHORT at BORDERS in WATFORD. I can't give an exact number. You'd think it would be easy - it's just a matter of counting - but I always get in a muddle.
I signed over 40 copies on Sunday at WH SMITH'S in BRENT CROSS.
Altogether that's about 110 books signed this weekend.
Tomorrow I'm giving another talk at RUISLIP MANOR LIBRARY. I and have been invited to give two more talks this week but may have to decline at least one of those as life is becoming a tad hectic... I like to keep busy, but this is becoming a bit too much, even for me!
CUT SHORT is on two listmania lists on amazon.co.uk - thank you OEJ (Debut Novels 2009) and Damaskcat (More Crime Less Violence).

6 comments:

Barbara Martin said...

To think you were so worried in the beginning that people wouldn't like it, and now the book is a smash hit. Has writer's cramp set in yet from all those signings? You must be over the moon.

Leigh Russell said...

Thanks, Barbara. If I'm honest, I can't really believe it. I bring home bookshop posters whenever I can for my 'scrapbook' so I know I'm not dreaming . . . (They're dated so I know the bookshop can't use them again, even if I return to sign again.) When all this is over (I can't believe it will go on for long...) I'll look through all the posters and reviews and reminisce - (or, when I'm famous, I can auction them for Children in Need or something - as if!)

Charles Gramlich said...

wow, 70 books. Very cool. congrats.

Stella Jones said...

You're going to need a new pen at this rate. go, on.............
Blessings, Star

Leigh Russell said...

It doesn't happen every time, Charles. A few people bought several copies as Christmas presents, so that increased the total nicely!

Leigh Russell said...

I always take spare pens, Star, as I like to sign with the same pen. Anyone who has bought a signed copy, and seen my photo, will know why. (I always sign in purple ink)