Saturday 17 November 2012

Fans of Crime Fiction

It's always enjoyable visiting Waterstones in Walthamstow. It's gratifying when customers say they came to the bookshop especially, and are excited to meet me, like this lady who rushed in to get signed copies of all four books as soon as I walked in the door.


It still makes me laugh when people are so excited to meet  me. This gentleman said he wanted a photo taken with me so his wife would believe he really met me!








As usual, Waterstones in Walthamstow had a lovely display of my books in the window - but before I remembered to take a picture, they had to bring them in store to sell.
Here's a picture of the display on the shelf in store anyway.

7 comments:

BernardL said...

That is simply the best, Leigh! There is nothing more tangible for a writer.

Charles Gramlich said...

Yes, very cool indeed.

Guillaume said...

I need to go book hunting soon. Must be great to have fans like this.

Leigh Russell said...

Thanks, Bernard. It's certainly rewarding to meet fans.

Leigh Russell said...

Indeed, Charles. Thanks for dropping by.

Leigh Russell said...

Go book hunting, Guillaume! It's a great feeling when people who have read one or more of your books come back for more. That says it all!

Miriam Pia said...

This was so long ago I am not sure whether or not you would respond to this: Congratulations!!

Fortunately, due to having lived in North London in the late 1990s, I have heard of Walthamstow and have even been there in person.

I would love to connect with you in terms of having the support or a mentor as there is finally a crime novel with my name as the author - because I even wrote it. Most books I was involved with I was a ghost writer and no one admits it was me. SBPRA's The Double Life of Tutweiler Buckhead by Miriam Pia. Urban crime, about drug manufacturing, not a murder mystery.