Thursday 26 November 2009

CUT SHORT on US BEST BOOK 2009 list



I'm very excited that CUT SHORT has been reviewed in Publishers Weekly in the US BEST BOOKS 2009 as the only starred title in the Mass Market category.

http://www.publishersweekly.com/article/CA6707975.html?q=leigh+russell+cut+short




On a very sad note, all my events at Borders have been cancelled. I will be doing more signings at Waterstones and WH Smith's but will really miss the friendly and helpful staff I've met at so many branches of Borders. I hope the future holds some better news for them.


Here are some photos of book signings at Borders.




You can see how hard the staff worked to help make

these events a success and I am very grateful for
their support.



I wish them all well in what must be a worrying time
for them all.




11 comments:

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Well done Leigh - you must be over the moon.

Leigh Russell said...

I'm thrilled. Too excited to write more...

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

Many congratulations, Leigh. Well deserved if you ask me.

Leigh Russell said...

In that case, I will certainly ask you, Debs! And thank you very much.

Leigh Russell said...

I heard today about the cancellations and added the comment about Borders, and the photos, after the comments were left above. I'm sure Petty Witter and Debs would have expressed their sympathy for the employees at Borders if that part of the post had been written before they commented.

Pat said...

Bummer.

Leigh Russell said...

Summed up in a word, Pat. Sadly we can't rely on anything these days. Who was it said something along the lines of - Life is so terrible we have to be optimistic ?

ANNA-LYS said...

Congrats my friend
You have worked hard
to earn this!!!!

<3

Leigh Russell said...

That's true, Anna-Lys - and I've been lucky too. Good to hear from you. I'll be over to visit your blog soon to catch up. I haven't seen you for ages.

Randy Johnson said...

Congrats! I can't disagree. Cut Short was one of my favorites of the year from a writer I hadn't before read. Look forward to the next one and many more.

Leigh Russell said...

Thank you, Randy - how very nice to hear from you! I'm glad you enjoyed Cut Short.